The Great Beauty Trials of 2010 (or Kallay Goes to a Wedding!)

Alright ladies! (and fashionable gentlemen!)

Let the voting begin! You will have until Sunday, January 24th at 12 pm (not am) which will allow me time to post your choices before I leave and possibly not have internet for a week. (Which I have vowed to not have a mental breakdown over, even though I might actually not succeed. Ashland, OR has to have free WiFi somewhere right?)

Each category has three choices and then a write in option for funsies, because really… it’s hair and makeup, I’m not that worried. Missy could care less and would tell me I looked beautiful if I wrapped a garbage bag around my body and swiped war paint under my eyes. That’s friendship folks! (P.S. If you write in war paint… that’s your final answer and unfortunately you can not take it back so wit wisely friends!)

It helps you to see the dress selections for these events so I shall oblige.

Rehearsal Dinner Dress and Shoes

Bridesmaid Dress and Shoes

(Yeah… my toes are going to freeze but these shoes are adorable and SO comfortable.)

The Bridal Shower is on Thursday and I’m going understated for that. It’s the same day as the Bachelorette Party and to be honest, my suitcase is getting full what with all the cake pans, pastry bags, makeup, hair crap, SIX (yeah..) pairs of shoes plus outfits for plane rides and other activities that I can not divulge at this time due to the secretive (read: surprise) nature. I already know the airlines are going to charge me my first born child and interest for my heavy ass bag but ya know? There’s not a whole lot I can do about it at this point.

Now…

Here are the hair choices!!

French Twist

Mmmhm… I all but mastered this one. I need hair pins rather than bobby pins and a little more practice with smoothing out the bumps but all in all… I’d like to thank YouTube and eHow for its fantastic tutorial videos because I am ROCKING this DIY French Twist. And, you will be glad to know… there’s not a Bumpit in sight (nor in USE)! Yes, I learned how to back comb, tease, rat’s nest, fuck up the under part of my hair for volume, or whatever your preferred phrase. I’m feeling more girly by the second. Pardon my non-foundation makeup day…

Curly

Straight with Swoopy Bangs

And the Makeup Choices!

Black Eyeliner, Red Lipstick

Purpley! (with red lips, minus hair food) (also… cheeseball smile)

Dark Eyes and Rosy Lips

Purple Eyes with Shimmery Lips (p.s. there’s the bride to be, missy!)

Gold & Purple Eyes with Nude Lips (minus sweat from NYE 2009)

Some things to keep in mind:

1) My hair is being cut (ok, trimmed) and colored (yeah, yeah… bleached) on Thursday. Yep, I’m sending those horrendous roots apackin’. My bangs will be shorter and more manageable. (i.e. no bobby pin behind the ear)

2) I’m cool with you mixing and matching looks. Maybe you like the Gold & Purple Eyes with the Red Lips. Maybe you hate the red lips but love the black eyeliner. I’m completely open to suggestion. I wouldn’t have the poll if I wasn’t! :D

3) I’m SO excited!!!!!!!!!

Ah… Young Love….

20 Responses to The Great Beauty Trials of 2010 (or Kallay Goes to a Wedding!)
  1. Jen
    January 19, 2010 | 8:27 pm

John and I agree that you should do the makeup and hair from the straight hair swoopy bang picture…and since John is such a fashionista I suggest you listen to him ;)

2. Salt
    January 19, 2010 | 9:26 pm

I love this! Don’t worry about your toesies…those shoes are supercute and sometimes we must make sacrifices in the name of fashion.

I’m torn on the hair. It looks so fantastic curly and also the straight with swoopy bangs. So I would pick either of those although I think I’m seeing the straight with swoopy bangs more in that blue dress.

For the makeup, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dark eyes and I would pair them with either the rosy or the shimmery lips.

Gosh you are so darn photogenic! And if you are without internet for a week, I might wither away, so let’s hope there is some WiFi to be had.

3. Mandi
    January 19, 2010 | 10:09 pm

K, I suck at fashion, so I’ll pass on the clothes (believe me, you’ll thank me for not giving you clothing advice). As for the hair – definitely the curly or the straight – so sexy! I lean toward the curly, but that’s cause I’m a curly girl and I’m jealous cause your curls are better than mine :P

As for the make up, I love the dark eyes and I prefer the rosy lips to the bright red lips.

and wait, did I just read no internet for a week?!? Oooooh girl. God be with you ;)

4. raisedq
    January 20, 2010 | 7:52 am

I voted! I love the polls!!

Your Curls Rockrockrock! I love dark and shimmery and…the bridesmaid shoes! Perfect.

Sounds like you’re going to need a vacation after all that itinerary. When are you supposed to have time to bake a badass cake? Okay…breathe…

5. Allyson
    January 20, 2010 | 9:28 am

Oh decisions, decisions. No freakin’ wonder you’re putting it in our hands…I would too. OK…I know that you have spent HOURS on YouTube videos learning how to twist and pin your hair into submission, but I am digging more on the other 2 styles. If my hair did curly like that, I would just sit outside my house and wait for people to drive up and compliment my hair. I think that one’s my favorite…it’s fun, feisty, and looks Kallaytastic. But…the straight with bangs is more…er…grown-up?? Very refined. Very “I use a cigarette case and don’t neck in the closet. Have your people call my people.” Curly Kallay says “I came to have fun and if that means I have to meet the hotty body in the janitor’s closet, I’m all in.” Notice this is all about getting you laid and nothing about the bride-to-be. My apologies to the bride.

Makeup: I say dark eyes ALL. THE. WAY. and then if you do the straight hair then do the rosy lips and if you go curly, then do the red. I’m not even giving make up options for the french twist because I’m a bitch like that. And yes, you will have purple toes and the purple eyes would match perfectly but we’re going to think positively and pray for global warming to kick in.

The outfits are amazing and you’re going to have a kick-ass time. I hope you find a Panera or something because we want wedding updates and if you’re MIA for a week, we’re all going to be sad little puffalumps.

Now we need Sarah to weigh in on this because my judgment in hair and makeup should really not be trusted.

6. catalinaislandbride
    January 20, 2010 | 9:33 am

Wow….so many choices! :)

I like the “Straight with Swooopy Bangs” the best.

7. Brooke
    January 20, 2010 | 10:56 am

Makeup and hair from the straight with swoopy bangs picture. Hair is perfect, makeup is gorgeous. A great look!

8. foxy
    January 20, 2010 | 11:47 am

You know, the french twist is so understated but still looks awesome, which is why i picked it for the bridesmaid dress. You know, let the bride shine and all that stuff. :)

But I love, love, love the curly lockes. Man, i wish my hair did that. You should def wear it curly for the rehearsal dinner because it’s such a fun, partay-ing look!!

And for the make up, it all looks good, girl. I’m pretty sure you could do very minimal or no make up and still look great. I’d say darker and redder for the rehearsal dinner/partay. And then more minimal and lighter (purple/shimmer) for the walk down the aisle. Again, letting the bride shine and all.

9. write-brained
    January 20, 2010 | 1:07 pm

Ok well the two vava voom things that stuck out to me were the two striking curly and swooping bangs pictures!! So pretty–but I know that doesn’t help!!

10. sarah
    January 20, 2010 | 1:48 pm

i voted!!

i chose dark eyes and rosy lips for both occassions, with straight & swoopy for the rehearsal and french twist for the big day (i like a more understated look for bridesmaids, personally… at least that is what i will be telling my future bridesmaids. no one’s stealing my show with their gorgeous locks a’flowin! haha)

good luck choosing, and i know you will look FAB-U-LOUSSSS with whatever you choose!!

11. Paul Wynn
    January 20, 2010 | 2:32 pm

Always dig the curls in the hair for some reason. Look cold even if your cold! Cold meaning like she’s hot , uh yeah found it in the urban dictionary

12. monique
    January 20, 2010 | 3:37 pm

This was super fun. I feel like you are my very own Barbie doll to dress up and play with. Do I get to take off your pants and make you bump uglies with Ken now?

Whoops. Did I reveal too much about my childhood?

LOVE the swoopy bangs look. All of your hairstyles were very, very pretty actually. You do good with it!

13. Kelly @ Dare to be Domestic
    January 20, 2010 | 5:38 pm

FIrst off – want your hair! Second. I like both the curly and the straight w/ side swept bangs. I really love the last 2 make-up choices. You’re going to look super hot regardless but those are my choices :)

14. Sarah and the Gentlemen
    January 20, 2010 | 8:50 pm

Nice job on the french twist but I like the straight with swoopy bangs the best. I even like the makeup in that picture best. What is that? Door #2?

15. Caroline
    January 20, 2010 | 10:07 pm

Shoes! I know those red shoes and love them!

Okay. Curly hair (for the GLAM factor) with purpley at the rehearsal dinner.

Straight hair (because it’s soft and chic and just lovely) with the dark eyes and rose lips for the wedding.

Yes? Yes.

16. Caroline
    January 20, 2010 | 10:08 pm

Oh. And I meant to say I love the silver shoes and would have told you days ago to get them anyway, cold be damned. I’d borrow them if you were in the same city as me :)

17. Jen
    January 21, 2010 | 10:20 am

Wow, I have no idea about the make-up, sorry. All I can tell you is I’m not a huge fan of red lips… I prefer a more subtle lip with played-up eyes. So any of the eyes look great, with nude, pink or shimmery lips.

For hair… I like the French twist for the wedding; I think it’s more formal, plus it will keep your hair out of your face and off your neck for a night of dancing. For the rehearsal dinner, I like the curly hair. It’s fun and funky, to mix up the simple, elegant dress and shoes.

Congrats on your mastery of hair! Major props cuz I don’t think I could do it!

P.S. HAVE FUN! No matter what look you go with! I’m excited to see pictures!

18. monica
    January 21, 2010 | 1:30 pm

I voted for curly hair and purple shimmery lips,if you go for the straight hair,which looks great too,than do the dark makeup.good luck and those Bridesmaid shoes are way cute!

19. Mary
    January 21, 2010 | 1:43 pm

Okay, now I’m confused. I’m terrible at choices. I think you’ll look fab no matter what you wear, be it dress, lipstick, shoes, diamonds, pearls or Opium perfume. I do love the swoopy bang look. Drink all week and have fun.
    Mary

20. Danae
    January 21, 2010 | 4:52 pm

Dark eyes and rosy lips!!!

(Stopping by from SITS)